St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, January 5, 2017

The year, the month, the day doesn't matter, the souls need our prayers





Amidst the old tombstones I walk,
Lichen infecting the stones,
Moss covering names, and
Grass covered markers with names erased
Because they are so old.
They lay here silent.
Their bodies decomposing in the grave.
Dust to dust.
No one moves,
No one speaks,
Only the living who walk these well trod paths.
We live beyond this world,
But we are still near.
Pray!  Pray! Pray for us buried here.

Monuments, markers,
Unmarked graves,
What's left of our lives,
Our stories untold.
No one remembers.
Life has past,
Eternity is where I rest.
I walk inside these walls.
Purgatory!
Pray for me.
Only you can help me now.
I suffer.

Do you hear my whispers?
I beg your prayers.
Never have I suffered before.
I cannot help myself.
Pray!  More than in life,
I need you!
Pray for me!
Pray for us!
When I ran these paths, I didn't hear.
I didn't listen when I lived,
Now, I know.
Pray!
We are grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment