St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

My Word for 2017

I had knee replacement surgery on 
November 14th of last year.
I expected to have some pain, but I felt that by Christmas,
I'd be up and going at my usual pace.
Because of my very slow and painful recovery with any complications,
I have only been able to attend Mass at Christmas,
and that was with great difficulty and pain.
At least I got to go then, right?
Sometimes, it's hard to be grateful for our blessings,
especially when they aren't the blessings we would like to receive!
Back to the story.
So, when I attended Mass at Christmas, I picked up a calendar and
brought it home.

Our parish has a large Hispanic population.
I am also Hispanic, but English is my first language. (I can barely speak Spanish, though, I wish I could.)
Of course, the calendars and books  were laid out for both cultures and free for taking.
I picked up my calendar and drove home feeling very sorry for myself.
The calendar sat on my desk without being opened for two days.
At this point I was down in the proverbial dumps.
Time to get to work.
I picked up my gift and realized that I had picked up the Spanish version of the calendar!
I had to chuckle because I realized that God was clearly telling me to let it go.
It's His Will,
not mine.
Yes, I was in pain and very frustrated, but, there were things I needed to learn and He was bringing me to
Him
and to the truths of His Love.
TRUST ME.
TRUST ME.
I had to laugh.
Of course.  I've had a difficult time with trust.
I put the calendar in my "to go" bag so that when I could go back to Church, I will remember to take the calendar and exchange it for an English version.
It's going to be a long time before I can attend daily Mass again.
It's going to be a bit more time before I can regularly attend Sunday Mass.
For now, I'm relaxing.
This is in God's Hands, not mine.
TRUST.
My word for 2017.
TRUST!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment