St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Worth Repeating: He's Been Busy, A New Saint, Weeping for Joy!

He has been on American soil less than 24 hours, and, 
Pope Francis has been greeted by the President and his family,
the Vice President and his family,
and 
they looked as happy as little kids in a candy store.
He was also greeted by a retinue of Church Princes and Bishops.
The Pope has also been welcomed by the President and a few thousand of his other close friends, 
in the backyard of the White House.
The Pope has ridden in the Pope Mobile, causing the Secret Service and his security guard to sweat bullets as those who have lined the way for hours, wanted to reach out and touch the Pope.
Pope Francis grinned from ear to ear as he was riding along.
He seems happiest when he is with the people, ministering to them with his love.
Running late, he conducted a mid day prayer service for bishops.
He wanted to greet all of them, but due to time, he could not.
Pope Francis didn't say a word, he simply lifted his sleeve and pointed to his watch.
Everyone knew what that meant. 
I'm already tired!
At this point, I love track of Pope Francis.
I'm glad I'm not on his security team!
He had one more appointment, then it was off to canonize a new saint.
Blessed Junipero Serra is now
Saint Junipero Serra.
He was an 18th century missionary who dedicated his life to converting the native American population to Catholicism.
I did a report on him once when I was 8.
I carved a mission out of a block of soap and used toothpicks for the crosses.  You can read more about that
HERE
If you want to read the Homily of Pope Francis at the canonization Mass, click
I don't know what else the Pope has on his schedule today, but I'm tired.
The only thing I wish is that the Raymond Arroyo, of EWTN, had practiced the pronunciation of 
Saint Junipero's name.
I felt that was negligent of him.
Throughout all of this,
I wept.  
I don't know why, but it had to be sheer joy that God saw fit to bring our 
Beloved Pontiff to the United States.
Praise God!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment