St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Monday, August 1, 2016

Thoughts from Yesterday

All right, if you read my page called
yesterday, this will look 
familiar.
So, get ready. 
It was a beautiful morning.

It's no longer early morning, but late morning. I sit in my "cave," alone now after visits from neighbors. The mosquitos are joining me as I finish my prayer time. Although not an ad, I do recommend spiritual reading on a Sunday morning. I am assigned to usher at the vigil Sunday mass, aka Saturday night, so I did sleep in today. It was almost nine when I woke up. Visits from the neighbors working in their gardens and walking before the heat hits, slowed down my process today, but that's ok. The Magnificat has become a great tool for me. I know there are other that are similar, so it doesn't matter. I subscribed both to the paper copy and the digital versions. I prayed the morning prayers and I prayed the lectio divinia. I read the spiritual readings. I feel better now, spiritually, than when I woke up. It's not easy to find the time, but I have learned that without God, nothing makes sense. Absolutely Nothing! We feed our souls with Him. Taking the time to adore and worship Him is not a trial, but it is a joy. It's finally become one! Like all that is good and worthwhile, prayer takes work, especially when you don't want to pray. Prayer helps us to grow in virtue and strength. Don't we need that now? Grow in God. He's there for you and me and even those people we don't like or who have hurt us deeply. Love is the most important thing we have. It is what we will be measured on when we die. Think about love. God is love. amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment