St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Pixie, Purgatory, and Suffering

You know how it is with dogs.  They eat.  They drink.  They pass gas. Oh my!  And this is my Pixie.  She eats.  She drinks.  She passes a lot of gassssss.  As I write this, I am in a room that is filled with the odor of Pixie.  The odor of Pixie is not pleasant.  It's upsetting my stomach.

How does this story relate to being Catholic and how Pixie is making my Purgatory less?

St. Ignatius of Loyola said:

"If God gives you an abundant harvest of trials, it is a sign of great holiness which He desires you to attain. Do you want to become a great saint? Ask God to send you many sufferings. The flame of Divine Love never rises higher than when fed with the wood of the Cross, which the infinite charity of the Savior used to finish His sacrifice. All the pleasures of the world are nothing compared with the sweetness found in the gall and vinegar offered to Jesus Christ. That is, hard and painful things endured for Jesus Christ and with Jesus Christ."
Mother Angelica said:

"Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement."
St. Paul said:

'Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I complete what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of the body, that is the church . . . " (Col 1:24)
There is merit in suffering.  I offer it up.  Where God applies the suffering, I don't know, but God might apply it to my Purgatory.   Then I have to thank Pixie.  She might be making my Purgatory shorter.
Thanks, Pixie!

No comments:

Post a Comment