St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Stepping Out of the Boat

" Immediately he made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead to the other side, while he dismissed the crowds.  And after he had dismissed the crowds, he went up the mountain by himself to pray. When evening came, he was there alone, but by this time the boat, battered by the waves, was far from the land, for the wind was against them.  And early in the morning he came walking toward them on the sea.  But when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were terrified, saying, “It is a ghost!” And they cried out in fear.  But immediately Jesus spoke to them and said, “Take heart, it is I; do not be afraid.”

  

Peter answered him, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.”  He said, “Come.” So Peter got out of the boat, started walking on the water, and came toward Jesus.  But when he noticed the strong wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!”  Jesus immediately reached out his hand and caught him, saying to him, “You of little faith, why did you doubt?” When they got into the boat, the wind ceased.  And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”
Matthew 14: 22-33

I met Grace on a bitter cold day last winter.  I had seen her frequently at early Mass, though we had never spoken.  She parked in the back parking lot at Church, near where I had parked.  Grace's car needed a jump.  She couldn't get it going.  She had the cables and asked me if I would help her out by giving her a jump.
I own a Prius with a different sort of electrical system in the car.  When I bought the car, the dealership had told me  not to give anyone a jump because I could ruin the electrical system in my car.
I looked at Grace and told her that I couldn't help her, but that I would find someone who could.  Finding someone was easier said than done, but, eventually,
Mark, our parish administrator, came outside to help Grace.
Knowing she was getting the much needed help, I left,
but this was not the end of the story.
A month ago, at church, we hosted a parish mission.
There were 70 missionaries.
On the first night, after the Mass that opened the mission, a young woman touched my arm to get my attention.
She was dressed in a simple white shirt and long gray skirt.
She wore her hair behind her head in a french braid.
I looked at her.
She said, "Mallory, do you remember me?  It's Grace.  You helped me with my car last winter."
Of course, I remembered her!
We hugged, then I realized she was with the group of nuns who would be part of our missionaries.
She was a postulant in the order of 
the Servants of the Lord and the Virgin of Matara.
Sister Grace!
Wow!
Grace, stepped out of the boat!

Please pray for Grace and those who walk with her on her journey.
Thank you!
Keep your heart open.
You might be called to step out of the boat!

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment