St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Thoughts from My Mass/Prayer Journal

"I AM WHO AM"
Exodus 3:14

A thought from my Mass/Prayer Journal. 

I use this journal each time I attend the 
Holy Sacrifice of the Mass.  
I date my entry, usually.
(I just realized I didn't date this one!)
I also make a note of the name of the priest who is saying Mass.
I have found that when I have a question about something said in the homily,
the priests are very happy to clarify my thoughts.

Sometimes thoughts float into my soul before Mass, most times, not.
If they do, I write them down.

This is what I wrote down on either
2/14 or 2/15.

I sit in the Presence of the Lord, my God,
as the ancients to whom was revealed the
One God,
the Creator,
the 
I AM WHO AM.
I throw myself on God's Mercy.
I seek to be consumed by the
Fire of His Love.
I seek to burn like the 
burning bush
that could not be consumed by the fire.
I seek pardon and mercy,
Oh, Lord, I am in trouble.
Help me, Oh, God.
Destroy my will to sin.
I am far away from You
adrift at sea.
Help me, Lord, My God.
.
I added in the next section of my journal:

When God touches your life, you cannot ever be the same.
It's impossible. 

At this point, the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass began.
Oh, Lord, I am not worthy!
Amen.

Do you keep a prayer or Mass journal?
Does it help you to grow?
What is the most profound moment you have experienced and recorded in your journal?



 



No comments:

Post a Comment