St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Bubblewrap, Patience, and Spiritual Growth

I'm stuck.
I had planned to write a light hearted post comparing popping bubble wrap to the ability to grow in the virtue of patience 
because
it takes patience to pop all those bubbles.
I've worked on this post all day.
I have erased and deleted more words than I can count right now.
(I wish I had kept track.)o
Then, I realized, as I worked,
that, maybe, just maybe,
God had other plans.
Maybe God was trying to show me something as I wrote.
Type. Delete. Type. Delete.
Well, you get the idea.
I had to leave this post blank, and go to the doctor.
Again, God's plans were different than mine.
She was a lovely young woman.  She seemed friendly, but I felt that she didn't know very much about diabetes.  I didn't feel that she had studied my chart before she came into the exam room.  I didn't feel that she had a plan in place.  She also seemed  unsure about the questions I asked her regarding other conditions.  Normally, I might get upset about this.  This time, I bit my tongue and waited until the visit was over.  At the least, we simply didn't connect.  At the most, she won't be able to help me.  I think both conditions are correct.  I have 3 more visits scheduled with her, and I will keep one of them.  After that, I will find a new provider.  I'm not angry.  I'm not impatient, but I am concerned.  
(Insert sound of a needle scratching a record here.)
Impatient?  What has today been about?
Patience.  More specifically, 
Learning to BE patient.
Even the ride home brought more lessons.
I drove behind a truck whose driver adhered to the speed limit to the point where he went 2 miles per hour under the speed limit,
all. the. way. home.
Patience.
Then, he turned on the same two lane road that I would be turning on, and there, he drove above the speed limit.  
(Who says God does not have a sense of humor?)
Even when I came home, I found I was still stuck, below the speed limit, on this post.
Why God chose today, I don't know.
Will He also use tomorrow to teach me the virtue of patience?
I don't know.
However, in my opinion, popping bubble wrap might be a more acceptable way to teach me patience.
How has God used events in your life to teach you a lesson in spiritual growth?
Oh, if you want to pop some bubble wrap online, here's the link.
BUBBLE WRAP 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment