St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Ash Wednesday: The Lenten Journey Begins

"Even now, says the LORD,
return to me with your whole heart,
with fasting, and weeping, and mourning;
Rend your hearts, not your garments,
and return to the LORD, your God."
Joel 2: 12

Reflection.

I walk alongside of Him as He teaches the multitudes.  Jesus, the one whom some believe is the Messiah, is a charismatic teacher. 
There are those who believe He is God,  and there  are those who do not.  
I've seen the miracles.  I've heard the demons screaming in fear as Jesus frees the people from their grasp.  I hear His words.  I see His Apostles.  I hear them speak.  I hear their doubts.  
What am I supposed to do?
Then, He turns to me and looks into my eyes.
He is smiling at me!  He sees my soul, and He knows it's a mess.  He knows my doubts and fears.
He knows I have sinned, yet, He is smiling at me!  He places His Hands on my head.  I feel His power flow through me.  Jesus says to me, "Your sins are forgiven.  Go in peace and sin no more."
I look at His eyes, and they are filling my soul with His love.  My heart cannot contain the love He Has for me.  He knows what will happen to Him if He continues to preach, to change, to challenge people to be better each day than they are today.  He knows He has enemies, and He loves His enemies.  He is the Son of God, He says.  I believe Him now.  Only God can forgive sins.  Only God has this love for me. 
I am forgiven.  I am loved by God.  I am forgiven by the grace of His Mercy.  
I can no longer be the same.   
My Lord!  My God!  My All!
Amen.

Prayer intention for today:  Priests.  Please pray for all priests.

No comments:

Post a Comment