St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Monday, January 18, 2016

10 Reasons I'm Still Catholic Today

1) My mother made sure I was baptized as a baby, and she also made sure I was raised as a Catholic.

2) We attended Mass every Sunday without exception.  I also attended Mass with my mother everyday at 6 AM through high school.

3) We prayed the rosary every night as a family.

4) Someone, somewhere prayed for me.

5) For a while, I left the Church, but a non-Catholic friend brought me back to the Church through her example of love and faith sharing.

6) During times of great trials and sorrows in my life, even when I was at my lowest point, I received graces and blessings through the prayers of others who lifted me up to God in prayer.

7) The Catholic Church is the only Church in which we have our Living God present in the great gift of the Eucharist.   Through the consecrated hands of the priest, Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, comes down from heaven in the forms of bread and water.  This miracle is called transubstantiation.

8) The sacraments of the Catholic Church, when we use them, fill us with graces and blessings.

9) The leaders of the Catholic Church have come down from the first pope, St. Peter.  Pope Francis is one of our most beloved Pontiffs.  He is full of love and mercy.  He has proclaimed 2016 as a Year of Mercy.

10) Did I say I love Pope Francis?  I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment