St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Sometimes, the Gifts we Receive From God Are Not the Gifts We Want, but They Are the Gifts We Need...

I'm sick.
I'm going back to bed.
This is not a gift I wanted from God,
but,
I think it's one of His Great Mercies
to me.
I'm being forced to lay down and rest,
which is, probably, something I needed.
Well, it's not something I
"Probably"
needed.
It is something I needed.
I had to miss activities yesterday.
I missed a birthday party.
I didn't get to Mass.
I'm not sure I'll make Mass today.
It is what it is.
I'm sick.

I offered this illness to God.
I know he'll do with it what He feels is best.

I ramble.
It's after 7 AM, and it's not light yet.
I ache, but I think the fever broke.
Maybe I'll feel better soon.
I'd rather go to Mass today than not.

This is not a gift I want,
but 
it's a gift I must need.

Patience.
Submission.
Humility.

Sigh.  None of which I have learned.

Please say a prayer for me today.
I will feel better soon, I know.
For now,

Thank You, Lord, for this gift.
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment