St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

What God Really Wants From Us

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."
John 14:27

The words seem simple and direct.

I've given you My peace.
It's not the world's peace.
I've given you the gift of heavenly peace.
Don't worry.
Don't be afraid.
Everything will be all right.

Padre Pio said, 
"Pray, Hope, and Don't Worry."





Don't worry.
Don't be afraid.
Pray
Hope
Don't Worry.
  In other words,

TRUST
GOD!

No matter what is happening in our lives,
No matter where we are going,
we need to say the words of Divine Mercy,

Jesus, I trust in You!
Jesus, I trust in You!
Jesus, I trust in You! 

Life in this age is not easy.
We are going through troubles and tribulations in our world because we have forgotten God.

Message of Our Lady Of Medjugorje,
August 15, 2015
"Dear children! Also today I am calling you to be prayer. May prayer be for you the wings for an encounter with God. The world is in a moment of trial, because it forgot and abandoned God. Therefore you, little children, be those who seek and love God above all. I am with you and I am leading you to my Son, but you must say your 'yes' in the freedom of children of God. I intercede for you and I love you, little children, with an endless love. Thank you for having responded to my call."      


God wants us to immerse ourselves in prayer so that we might encounter Him.
God wants us to put Him first in our lives.
God wants us to love Him.
God wants us to follow His teachings.
God wants us to be saved.
God wants us to remember that He has a plan for each of us.
God wants us to trust Him.

When we ask that the cup of suffering might pass from us,
God wants us to say,
"Not my Will, Lord, but Yours be done."

Ouch!  Dying to self is difficult.
Ouch!  Being a Catholic Christian in our world is not easy.
Ouch! Standing up for our faith, in spite of the consequences, is not easy.
Ouch!

Jesus died for us on the cross.  He suffered the consequences for sin.  He died that we might live.


 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."
John 3:16 

As painful as it was for Mama Mary to see her Son die, and even though she knew there was a purpose for His death, she wept.  Her heart broke as she held her Son in her arms at the foot of the cross.  What were her words?
Did she whisper?

Jesus, I trust in You.
 Jesus, I trust in You.
  
 



No comments:

Post a Comment