St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, September 3, 2015

People Forget...aka... I've learned a lot this week...

Apparently, a post I wrote on another blog, has had quite a bit of attention.
The comments that were posted were mostly disagreeing with me,
which is fine,
however,
they were also very nasty.
People were very critical because I didn't post their comments.
Well, the reason I didn't post some of the comments was because they were cruel and nasty.
Of the ones I didn't post some of the nicest names I was called were
heretic and blasphemous.
I don't mind disagreement, but some of the things that were said to me, 
I know, I could never say to another human being.
At first, I was upset.
My feeling is that if you have nothing good to say, ignore it and walk away.
I have published more of those that disagree, but I don't have to subject myself to abuse.
I've seen this same thing happen on many different forums.
The gang mentality kicks in, and, oh my!
I have thanked those who were kind in their criticisms.  
Others, I simply didn't and won't post.
It's my blog and I can do that.

I wrote a poem about this issue, and I'm going to post it now. 
It's just a reminder that there is someone that you can't see behind the screen.
Words can hurt, however, having been a special education teacher, I have been yelled at by the best.
Trust me.
It takes more than this to keep me from writing my blog.

Anyway, I strongly suggest that you think before you post anything, anywhere.

People Forget

People forget that behind that computer is a real person who reads what you say.
People forget that what you say does affect the person on the other side of the screen.
People forget that they aren't always right, though they would like to be.
People forget that they can quit arguing long before they want to quit so that they will be right, or so they think.
People forget that discussion is good but discussion means respecting other ideas and thoughts.
People forget that acting civilly to opinions that are different from yours is really the only option.
People forget that being kind is the best strategy to use when others attack.
People forget that the things  said in heated discussions are never things they would say to someone waiting in line at Wal-Mart.
People forget that you don't have to take anything personally, even if you disagree with the opinion.
People forget that to treat others disrespectfully only demeans you and not the person you want to hurt.
People forget that the lack of peace is not from God.
People forget and should be ashamed.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment