St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Friday, September 18, 2015

Ending the Week in Praise and Thanksgiving!

"Rejoice always,  pray without ceasing,  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

It's hard to cram a week of blessings into a small post, but here goes.

1) I love rainy daysI don't like storms, but I do love the day that is filled with rain.   Today, we had both storms and a lot of rain.  That little pond in the back wasn't there yesterday.  Love it, though!
God is good.

2) Long walks in the cooler weather are wonderful!  I have seen so many critters around.  The geese are flying south.  The squirrels are getting really fat.  I haven't seen any robins lately, so, maybe they're gone?  I don't know, but the heat of the summer is melting away and giving way to cooler days and nights.  I enjoy autumn.  God has been giving us previews this week.  Love it!
God is good.

3) We celebrated my daughter's birthday this week.  We celebrated good news from the oncologist, too.  We had fun!  She's tired, but she's got the time to rest now.
God is good.

4) I heard today that a priest, who ministered in 3 neighboring parishes, whom I follow on Facebook, is returning to the priesthood.  He took a 7 month sabbatical after being tired and burnt out, to discern whether to remain a priest or not.  He has discerned that he has, indeed, been called to the priesthood.  He's a good priest, and I'm delighted to hear that he will be returning to the priesthood.
God is good.

5) Today marks the 6th anniversary of the day that Pixie Marie came to live with me.  I am her human, and there is no doubt of that.  She gets a hamburger for our celebration!  She will like that.
She's the prefect dog for this time in my life.
God is good.

I give You thanks, Oh, Lord, for this week.  I give You thanks for the life you have given me.  I give You thanks for all the people You have brought into my life.  
I rejoice in the goodness of Your name.
Amen.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment