St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Are You Really Catholic?

Many people refer to themselves as "spiritual," but not religious these days.  Religion has taken many a hit in our century.  
 
Our Catholic Church is not only 
scrutinized, but judged on the world's values.
 
I've heard people describe themselves as
"a recovering Catholic."
 
I've heard others say,
"I'm a good Catholic, but I believe in a woman's right to have an abortion at any time during her pregnancy."
 
When speaking about
 reproductive health care ...
One female politician said,
 “And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed."
 
I wonder how she plans to do that?


Yes, our world has forgotten 
God
or pushed Him by the wayside, 
refusing to follow the mandates of the Catholic Church, which believes in life from conception to natural death.  

The Sixth Commandment says,
"Thou Shalt Not Kill."

Included in this list are:
aborting unborn babies,
euthanizing the sick and dying,
suicide,
and
assisted suicide.

There are 10 commandments, and we don't get to pick and choose which ones we follow. 
We follow them all.

"Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,  stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.’ 
Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’ He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.’  And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.” 
Matthew 25: 41-46
 
When the "little one," (fetus) is denied life,
just read and think about what Jesus is saying.
Pray that there is an end to abortion, euthanasia, and suicide.
Pray for the souls of those involved in these crimes against God.
Pray!
Pray!
Pray!

One day, you might not be given a choice.
Become a Catholic again.
God is waiting with open arms to be with you and lead you home.
Follow your Church's teachings.
Be a Catholic.



 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment