St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Weekend Poetry: I could have lived...

I woke up Saturday ready to write.
I found the couch before Pixie or kitties could get there.
I covered myself up with a warm, old quilt.
I covered my shoulders, and in the early morning light, now somewhat dark and misty, 
and I began to write.
This is one poem from the morning writing session.
I hope you like it.
It is copyrighted!
Thanks.










 I Could Have Lived

I could have lived a thousand years,
in faraway lands or here,
But how could I have ever loved,
without You being here?

I knew the world, I knew You not,
I never heard Your voice,
Yet call me to Your loving heart,You did, 
but then I had a choice.

I could love You truly, or love You not,
Lord, why are You so good?
You are Love embodied, You are King and Lord!
Can I love You like I should?
 
You loved me from eternity.
You’ll love me when I die,
My Lord, My God, I can only ask,
You blessed me thus, but why?

I’ve given You my small heart,
It’s not bigger than a drop,
You poured Your love out over me,
I know You’ll never stop.

I am not worthy, but I am blessed,
for You’re the great I AM,
Sweet Lord, above, You love me now,
You are the Sacrificial Lamb.

I’m puzzled yet, I don’t understand,
Why You chose this person, me, to love,
I thank You, Lord, for this great gift,
Of your undying, unending love.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment