St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Monday, August 24, 2015

The Church of the Maternity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Ever since the day I saw this picture on 
I wanted to see this church.

Yesterday,
I was blessed to be able to attend Mass at the
Church of the Maternity of the Blessed Virgin Mary.

Not only was the church beautiful, I was impressed by the reverence of the congregation.
While waiting for Mass to begin, I noticed a toddler and his grandpa walking up the middle aisle to join the rest of the family in the front of the church.
The toddler, as he walked, would stop, about every 2-3 pews and genuflect.
He had to have learned that somewhere.  His very patient and kind, granddad would stop behind the child and wait as the little boy genuflected.

The life sized statues in the church were amazing!  There were statues of St. John Bosco, St. Pope John Paul II, Mother Teresa, St. Joseph.  There were others, but I just can't remember who they were.
After Mass had ended, I walked around the church looking at the statues.  As I did, so did a young family, both Mom and Dad, showing their children the statues and talking about them. 
Good family.

I have to back track here, when Mass ended, and the priest had left the church, no one, not a single person, got up to leave.  Everyone stayed in place and prayed for about 5 minutes.  The organist then played a song, and then people got up to leave.  I was very impressed.

There was one, sweet little girl, about 3-4 years old, who decided, after Communion, that it was time to leave.  She picked up her auntie's purse and yelled at the top of her lungs,
"Good-bye."
Of course, everyone smiled.  What else could we do?

 This statue, again, life sized, was on one end of the church.
Mama Mary was nursing her baby boy, and she was holding Him in her loving arms.

 
Directly opposite of Mama Mary nursing her baby boy, was this life sized statue of the 
Mother of God holding her Son's lifeless body in her arms.
What a contrast!

I hope to return to the Church of the Maternity of the Blessed Virgin Mary very soon.
I didn't see the confessionals, but I think I will find them, hopefully, next week.
I wish you could have seen this church with me.
It. Was. Beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment