St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Hidden Right Next to the Poop..

I call my dog, Pixie,
Princess Poops A Lot,
because she thinks she's a princess and she does, well, you know...

When we are out on our walks, the rule of thumb is to take no less than 3 poop bags, but just to be sure, take 5 bags along.  Yes, I did say 5.  That was the record set this summer.

Hear the needle scratching on the record...
"Wait!  Is this a Catholic blog?" you ask.  "What does this have to do with God or Catholicism or anything of that nature?"

Well, the truth is, I learned something very important about God and His ways today.  
I have to preface this by saying that I don't believe in coincidences.  I know that God is orchestrating everything so that we will come closer to Him.  With me, He often has to go to extremes so that I will understand what He wants me to hear.  I believe this was the case today.

Princess Poops A Lot, I mean, Pixie and I were out on one of our many walks today.  I was armed with 4 bags.  On her first pit stop, she heard nature calling and answered its call.  I looked at the pile I had to clean.  Pixie looked at me, and I honestly think she smiled at me.  She knows I have to clean this up.  So I bent over to begin cleaning up her mess.  I moved from left to right until I had her "bodily waste" almost cleaned up.  On my last pickup, third bag, I scooped the poop into the bag, and then I saw it.  This time I smiled. 

Right next to the mess I had just cleaned up were these mushrooms.   They were so tiny, I wouldn't have noticed them if I had not stopped to be a good pet owner.   Pixie wanted to leave, but I pulled her back to the scene of the crime, and I took this photo.  Isn't that a beautiful consolation from God?

Appreciating nature is one thing, but being directed to it, is another.
This is an experience I would have missed without the goodness of God consoling me and directing me to the poop.

I guess I can say, "Thank You, Lord, for the poop?"  
No, really, thank you, Lord, for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment