St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Monday, July 6, 2015

I fell For It, too.....

JMJ

the lie,
I fell for the lie.

After the recent Supreme Court ruling,
I became sad.
I became confused.

Why?
Because I fell for it, too.

What is the lie?

The lie is that the worst is yet to come.
Persecutions are predicted.
Business calamities are predicted.
Natural disasters are predicted, 
all because of the 
Supreme Court ruling.
We could go on and on and on.


I fell for the lie, and I became 

fearful.

My path to God was blocked.
I prayed out of fear.
I spoke out of fear.
I cried out of fear.

Fear of God is a virtue, but I was only fearful of the world.

Then, when the inspiration of the Holy Spirit came to me,
I realized I was doing what I have cautioned many others not to do.
I was giving into the lie that satan had sold me, and I was afraid of what was to come,
and when you think about it,

WE DON'T KNOW WHAT IS TO COME.

We do not have that knowledge,
only God has that knowledge.

Even if we did know what was going to happen,
and we don't,
what good would it be to worry?

Worry blocks us from God.
This is what satan wants.
He wants us to become fearful so that we don't trust God.
He wants our anxieties to overcome our common sense so that we will sin and deny God.

God is the maker of the universe.
God is the creator of all.
He sent His only begotten Son to die for us.
He, the Son, and the Holy Spirit exist as one.
What can satan do? 
He cannot defeat God.
He knows that, so he tries to take away souls from God.
We don't have to be one of those souls.

Fear is a wasted emotion.
God's Will will be done.
If we surrender to His Will, no matter what happens, 
WE WILL BE AT PEACE IN HIS LOVE!

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink, nor about your body, what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add one cubit to his span of life?  And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin;  yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O men of little faith?  Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’  For the Gentiles seek all these things; and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be yours as well.
 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day’s own trouble be sufficient for the day.
Matthew 6: 25-34

This is truth.
Fear is not.  Fear is the lie.  Fear is from satan.

What to do?
1) Pray.  Ask God for His Peace.
2) Confess, at least monthly.
3) Offer sacrifices to God.
4) Praise God, no matter what happens.
5) Ask God to help you Surrender to His Holy Will.
 6) Step aside, and let God be God.

Humility is born out of surrender.
Humility is a gift from God.
Pray.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment