St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Mary's Memories: Meditations on the Luminous Mysteries

Baptism of Jesus Public Domain Tintoretto
Mary's Memories
Meditations on the Luminous Mysteries


The Baptism of Jesus in the River Jordan

I knew it was time for my Son, Jesus, to leave home and begin His public ministry.  I was elated that He would soon be revealed as the Promised Messiah, but I knew that He would suffer.  The Father had been preparing both of us for this day.  I felt a great deal of pain knowing that Jesus would suffer for love of His people, but I knew that salvation was at hand.  I knew that Jesus would deliver His people from the depths of sin.  John was born before Jesus.  Elizabeth said that John jumped in her womb when I cradled Jesus in my womb.  John says that he baptizes with water, but that the one who is to come will baptize with the Spirit.  There's Jesus in the water with John being baptized.  I see a great light forming over the head of my Son.  The Father is speaking, "This is My Beloved Son in whom I AM well pleased."

The Wedding at Cana

I heard that Jesus is on His way with some of His followers.  He was looking forward to this wedding feast.  There He is!  There's my Son!  Jesus has brought some men with Him.  They are the men that Jesus has chosen.  I must welcome them.  Jesus and His friends have already found a place to sit.  I'll bring them some food and drink.  They must be very hungry from their journey.  I see that the waiters are very upset.  They have run out of wine.  My Son smiles at me and greets me with the love only the Son can give.  "Mother," he says.  "Meet my friends."  I smile and give them some bread and cheese.  They are so hungry.  I can see the waiters are trying to decide what to do.  "Jesus, they have no more wine."  Jesus stops eating and looks at me with His beautiful smile, "Woman, what would you have Me do?  My hour has not yet come."  I smiled at Jesus.  I knew what He would do next, and He knew that I knew.  Jesus would not refuse my request.  His time had come.  I called the waiters over.  "Do whatever He tells you."  Jesus smiled and sighed.  He told the waiters to fill 6 pottery vessels with water, then to take the vessels to the head waiter.  They did this.  Then they knew.  The water had been turned into the finest wine.  There would be no embarrassment at this wedding.  Jesus' new friends didn't know what to say.  They didn't need to talk.  I brought them more food to eat.

The Proclamation of the Gospel

After the wedding Jesus began to preach in temples and synagogues around Israel.  He publicly  cured the sick and cast out demons.  He preached repentance, love, and joy to all that He met.  Jesus forgave sinners their sin.  Jesus and His friends did not travel to the Gentiles.  He told me that there would be workers to do this later, but if a gentile came to Him with great faith, Jesus would heal them.  He healed the centurion's servant.  He healed the lepers.  He healed the daughter of the gentile woman who came to Him and begged Jesus to heal her.  Jesus saw her great faith and humility, and He healed her daughter.  Jesus also raised the dead.  Lazarus was His friend, yet, when Jesus heard that Lazarus was ill.  He waited.  He did not leave to heal him.  When Jesus finally arrived, Lazarus was dead.  My Jesus wept at the tomb.  People asked why He did not come when He heard that Lazarus was ill.  Jesus only replied, "Roll away the stone."  Then He said, "Lazarus, come forth."  Lazarus was brought back to life by my Son!   Finally they knew, Jesus was the Son of God.  Yet, so many hated Him and tried to harm Him, but they failed.  Jesus only said, "My hour has not yet come."
 
The Transfiguration

I did not see this, but Peter told me.  He said that Jesus asked the three of them, Peter, James and John, to go up with Him to the mountain.  He did not say why.  Peter thought they were going to pray.  Jesus loved to pray to His Father on the mountain top, in silence.  When they reached the top of the mountain, Jesus became brilliant with light.  The Apostles were frightened.  They dropped to their knees.  Then they say Jesus talking with Moses and Elijah!  The mountain was full of electricity and light.  Peter said there was no light as bright as this on earth.  Then, Peter, oh, dear Peter, said,"It's a good thing we are here, Lord, so that we can build tents for You and Moses and Elijah."  While Peter was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them up, and a voice form the cloud said, “This is My Beloved Son, Whom I love.  With Him I AM well pleased.  Listen to Him.”  The Apostles were terrified and fell to their knees.  At once the light was gone, and Jesus was alone. The Apostles did not know what to say or ask Jesus.  Jesus knew their thoughts and confusion.  He did tell them not to speak of this.  They didn't.

The Institution of the Eucharist.

This moment was so sacred.  The time for His Passion and Death were near.  Jesus asked the Father to give me strength to bear this with Him.  We both knew that it was for this reason He had been born.  Jesus and His Apostles were celebrating the feast of the Passover in a room above a house.  Just a few days before, Jesus had told His Apostles that He would soon be tortured and killed.  Peter, dear Peter, swore that this would not happen and the he would die protecting Jesus.  Jesus was overwhelmed with grief.  He did not want to suffer and die, but for love of us, He would and He would suffer and die with great joy knowing that we would be saved through His death.  He turned to Peter and said, "Get away from Me, satan."  Peter was shocked at this rebuke.  He knew he had offended Jesus, and he hung his head in shame.  Now the time had come, and Jesus' hour was near.  Before the meal began, Jesus took off his cloak, wrapped a towel around His waist and began to wash the feet of His friends.  Jesus told them that no man was greater than the master.  He told them to serve as He was serving.  Again, dear Peter said to My Son, "Lord I am not worthy.  You will not wash my feet."  Jesus again rebuked Peter.  Peter regretted what he had said.  "Lord, not only my  feet but my head as well."  Then they all sat down to eat the unleavened bread and bitter herbs.  Judas left.  Before anyone spoke, Jesus pronounced the prayers that had been said for centuries in our history, then He took the bread.  He broke the bread and gave it to His Apostles saying, "Take this and eat of it.  For this is My Body of the new covenant.  Do this in remembrance of Me."  No one spoke as Jesus gave each Apostle His Body.  Then He took the wine and said, "This is My Blood which will be shed for You.  Do this in remembrance of Me."  The Apostles drank the Blood of My Son.  My Heart began to shred.  When the meal was finished, Jesus and His Apostles left for the Garden.  

No comments:

Post a Comment