St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

If I had Know Pink was an Option.....

I found this photo on


with no credit to the photographer. 

However,
if I had known when I was younger 
that this was an option,
I might have become a  Holy Spirit Sister of Adoration.

Who knew?

Pink Walls.

Pink Habits.

Have you ever given thought,
serious or not,
to becoming a 
consecrated religious?

I have and did consider this option as my vocation in life.

When I was 10, more than anything else in the world, I wanted to become a nun.
I saw myself wearing the habit.
I told our priest about this in confession.
He suggested I wait to make sure this was my vocation.

Even then, he reminded me that it was God's Will that mattered, not mine.

He was right.
I discovered boys at the end of my 5th grade year.
Out went the thoughts of religious life.

I can only assume, that, my dream of a vocation to the religious life was not God's Will for me.

When I married,
I always said that if my husband and I should divorce or if he would die,
I would become a nun.
I was serious about this.
Even late callings to the religious life are important.

When he died,
the thoughts of religious life surfaced again.
There were a few obstacles.
I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with them.
So, once again, I dismissed the thoughts of a life in the consecrated service of God.
I realize now,
this is not my calling.
God sent me some ideas so that I would think,
but,
in the end, 
to become a religious was not my vocation.
 However,
if I had seen these pink habits before I made that decision,
I might have changed my mind again.

How do you feel about religious life?
Have you considered this as a call for your vocation?
What is your vocation?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment