St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Worth Revisiting::Mary in the Incarnation, in Faith, In acts of Mercy, and in Praise, and in her role as Mother.

Mary in the Incarnation::

"The angel said to her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be holy; he will be called Son of God.  And now, your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son; and this is the sixth month for her who was said to be barren. For nothing will be impossible with God.” 
 Luke 1: 35-37

 Mary in Faith::
Then Mary said, “Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word.”
Luke 1:38

 Mary In Acts of Mercy::
Elizabeth said:
"And why has this happened to me, that the mother of my Lord comes to me?"
Luke 1:43

Mary in Praise::
 “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked with favor on the lowliness of his servant.     Surely, from now on all generations will call me blessed; for the Mighty One has done great things for me and holy is his name."
1:45-49

Mary in Her Role as Mother::
His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”
John 2: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment