St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Well, Yesterday was a Test of My Christianity...


“So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today’s trouble is enough for today."
Matthew 6:34

Jesus knew from experience that what He said was true.
I'm sure He would get frustrated with His Apostles when He heard them arguing about who was the greatest among them.
I'm sure He was disappointed when He saw Judas taking from their money and keeping it for himself.
I'm sure He would be sad when He knew that the lepers He had just cured would not return to say Thank You.
I'm sure He would look at a person, and know that they would choose wrongly and leave without accepting His Word as the Word of God.
He knew they didn't understand.
He heard the jeers on the cross.
He felt the blows on His back.

He saw satan prompting these men to hurt and kill Him.

Jesus knew that with the dawn of each day, He and all the others would face new and difficult challenges.

Today was My day.
My credit card was hacked.
I know that Jesus did not have this problem, but there were thieves and robbers who would threaten them.
The thieves used my credit card to buy some expensive cameras, a drone, and, to their credit, they made a donation to a charity.

I think I'm still a bit angry about this violation.

Is there sin in this anger or is it justified anger?
That will be a question for the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
 
I know I need to let the anger go.
With the anger blocking my way to God, I cannot forgive.

I need to forgive the thieves.

Jesus forgave a thief on the cross.

Will the emotion leave when I do forgive or have I already forgiven?
I've prayed for the thieves.
I've asked God to forgive them.
I have said, "I forgive them."
I know I'll get my money back.
I've lost nothing materially.

What I've lost is my peace and balance.

Lord,
Bless them and forgive me.
Thank you for using this experience to teach me to forgive.
I pray for their conversion.
I pray for my conversion.
Lord, we praise You and bless You!
We thank You for Your goodness to us.
Yes, I'll take this cross and carry it.
Thank You.
 



Then Jesus told his disciples, “If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 
Matthew 16: 24

No comments:

Post a Comment