St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Friday, April 24, 2015

Ending the Day in Thanksgiving....

Prayer Journals are wonderful ways to record all the things for which we are grateful!

Do you remember the gratitude journal?
The gratitude journal was and is a statement of fact which will raise our endorphins making us happier.

Facts are these::

People who live in the state of gratitude are happier people.

People who appreciate all that they are given are happier people.

Even if it's been a bad day or week,
there is always something for which we can be grateful.



God always gives us something each day we can record.
No, our day might not have gone like we would have liked it to go,
but
God had other plans for our day.

Here's an excerpt from my prayer journal from yesterday.

4/23/15

My wrist is still sore and stiff.  Ouch.  I'm glad that I can offer this pain up to God.  For that, dear Lord, I am most grateful.

Our weather looks to be improving, but it will still be a few days before we can call it "warm" again.
I'm grateful to know that it will get warm, eventually?

I didn't sleep well last night.  I tossed and turned all night.  I woke up cold because the covers were on the floor.  It was a long day.  I'm grateful that I will sleep well tonight.

I saw a red-winged black bird today!  It was sitting on a bush near the highway!  Thank you, Lord.  Spring is on the way!

Pixie is sleeping well today.  She always sleeps well!  I'm thankful for that.

I'm grateful for my diabetic educator.  She really helps me!  Bless her, Lord, and thank you for the gift of her.

I found some silk ginkgo leaves today!  They are beautiful.  They always give me hope.
Thank You, Jesus.

The rhubarb is growing.  It's not ready to cut, yet, and eat, but it's a sure sign that spring is on the way!  Thank You, Father Creator!

Lord, these are only a few of the blessings you gave me today.  Thank you for all the ones of which I was aware, and of all the ones I was not aware.
Amen.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment