St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Friday, February 6, 2015

7 Thoughts of Thanksgiving on a Friday

1) "Those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength,
    they shall mount up with wings like eagles,
they shall run and not be weary,
    they shall walk and not faint."

Isaiah 40: 31

Friday is a good day.  It's the end of the work week for many people.  The weekend becomes a time of renewal.  God is our strength and He renews us.  For this I am thankful.

2)"He has made everything suitable for its time; moreover he has put a sense of past and future into their minds, yet they cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end."
Ecclesiastes 3: 11

God is always a mystery.  Time is not.  There is a right time for everything. His timing is not our timing.  His thoughts are not our thoughts, but His timing is always perfect, whether we think so or not.  Even though I'm retired, Friday is still a good day.

3)  "So teach us to count our days
    that we may gain a wise heart."

Psalm 90:12 

Friday gives me pause to think and review the week.  What have I learned this week?  How has God in His goodness intervened in my life for my good?  What graces has God poured down into my heart?  God is good!  I am grateful.

4) "We must work the works of Him who sent me while it is day; night is coming when no one can work."
John 9:4 

The end of the day on Friday is joyous.  It means that I can rest.  I can restore myself with rest.  I will feel rested the next day.  I will even feel more rested by Sunday.  On Monday I am ready for the week again.

5) "My child, do not forget my teaching,
    but let your heart keep my commandments;

for length of days and years of life
    and abundant welfare they will give you. "

Proverbs 3: 1-2 

My week is always busy.  It's rare to have down time.  As I review my week, I look to the times I did all for the honor and glory of God.  There are times when I failed, but I have learned a little more about honoring God and trusting Him.  That's good.  God is good.

6) "Your eyes beheld my unformed substance.
In your book were written
    all the days that were formed for me,
    when none of them as yet existed."

Psalm 139:16   

I don't know how long I will live.  Not many people know when their days are going to end.  The one thing I do know is that God knew me before I was formed in my mother's womb.  He saw me before.  He sees me now.  He sees me at the end of my life.  No matter what, God loves me, and for that I am grateful.

7) "But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like one day." 2 Peter 3: 8
  
Sometimes a week will feel like a thousand years.  Some weeks feel like a moment in time.  Time does not exist with God.  God is now.  God is love.  I am grateful!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment