St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Monday, January 5, 2015

Everyday Miracles

Last night, I went to sleep and you could see the confused grass beginning to turn green, but not sure if it should.  You could see the roots on the trees, and you could see daisies starting to sprout.  For Minnesota, we've had a warm winter with very little snow, so far, and it's been in the 30's!  That's not normal, but no one was complaining.  There was no white Christmas. We made it through.  No snow meant that traveling was so much easier for families who traveled.

Last night, out of the clear blue sky, not really, it had to be cloudy, snow fell.  When I woke up this morning everything was different.  Nothing was the same.  The grass was covered with the white stuff.  The tree branches were weighted down with snow.  The confused daisies were covered, and, hopefully, they went back to sleep as infants do.

I sat at the table looking at the ravine behind our house.  I don't drink coffee, so I sipped my diet coke.  What a miracle had happened last night!  Everything changed!  God worked a miracle, and we had snow.  I would have preferred staying home, but it was getting late, and I needed to go to Mass.  Driving would be easy.  The salt trucks had been out all night.  No worries there.  Then, as I looked at a bush that was bursting with snow, I realized.

I had nothing to do with this miracle, yet it happened.  God simply took over and gave us this gift.
I looked at the blue sky.  I knew this would make everything colder.  Clouds help to keep us warm.  The blue sky was a beautiful contrast to the white of the snow.    God, the great artist, curator, and creator did this without my help.  I had nothing to do with this beauty, but God did.

Everyday, blessings and consolations from God are poured out from His Love to us.  His gifts are unending, like His love.  Whether it be that the sun gives us warmth and light, or that the sun stays put and we remain in it's orbit.  We are blessed.  Each beat of our heart means that we have life.
Each joy or sorrow helps to shape us into the person we are.  Gifts.  Miracles. 

Think of your heart.  Your heart beats without your control.  Each thump comes from your involuntary nervous system.  You cannot control the beats yourself.  There are devices that might help control the number of beats per minute or devices that open arteries.  Knowledge comes from God.

Thump!  Thump!  Thump!  Thump!

"Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow!"

No comments:

Post a Comment