St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Monday, December 29, 2014

I Am Beginning to Recover From Christmas...

and that's why I'm writing today.  The boy child has gone home.  He had a safe trip.  Praise God!  He's back at home living his life again.  The interruption is over for him for now.

The girl child is still here, recovering from her cold.  I do think she's feeling a little bit better, even though she's still very pale.  Cancer really sucks!  (Talk about interruptions in life!)

 Christmas was a HUGE interruption in my life, and I loved EVERY MINUTE of that INTERRUPTION!

Advent: trial and error, growth, and change. 

Christmas: the fulfillment of  God's promises to His People.

Now, that  the secular Christmas is over, I have to discern that growth. (We are still celebrating the season of Christmas in the church.)   I have to discern where God wants me to go.  I have to discern how God wants me to grow.  I have to discern in what way God wants me to serve.  The new year will mean change.  The key is now, "Prayerful Discernment."

As a family, we celebrated this sacred holy day when the Son of God became Man.  His parents raised Him to be a good Jewish man.  There were many family celebrations in His life.  Then, His Father interrupted His Son's life when He called Him to be our Savior. 

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. "
John 3:16

The New Year's journey will be filled with challenges to our souls, and the fulfillment of the promises of God.  We will be at our weakest, and God will be there.  We will be at our strongest, and God will be there.

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.   So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."
2 Corinthians 12:9    

More of Him and less of me.   One foot in front of the other.   Life interrupted.  Life disrupted.  This is our journey.  This is God's way. 





No comments:

Post a Comment