St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Friday, November 21, 2014

7 Quick Takes This Week:: It's Been an Interesting Week



 Poor Pixie!
She's not very happy right now.
We had new carpet installed yesterday.
This is to replace the carpet that Pixie ruined by having many, many accidents on the old carpet.
When we are gone,
Pixie now has to go down to the wonderfully 
warm, bright basement with her bed
and wait until we get home.
Poor Pixie!
Life is very difficult sometimes.
She'll get used to it.
Sigh.

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven."
Ecclesiastes 3:1





The show is tomorrow.
I might be ready.
I have a feeling, though, it's going to be one of those 
"shows"
where people come and window shop.
I decided that I have to make
$20
an hour to make my fee.
If I make that,
I will be very happy.
(It's a 5 hour show.)
Say a little prayer for me, please!
Yet, let this be for the honor and glory of God!
His Will, not mine.







 I didn't know that 
St. John Paul II had written a pastoral letter to artists.
This is a wonderful rendition of this letter.
You can read the entire letter
HERE.
It is both beautiful and amazing!


--- 4 ---


 Although the "Snow-magedon" we were promised didn't happen,
we finally got the first pretty snow of the season. 
This is one of my favorite shots.
The scarf looked so pretty in the sunlight as the ice melted off of it.

"a time to keep silence, and a time to speak,"
Ecclesiastes 3: 7









--- 5 ---

My city has a walking art tour all year long.
I found this statue called
"Fruits of Summer," 
outside a local bagel shop.
Since then, I have become addicted to their kitchen sink bagels and their bacon scallion store.
I love them!
After morning Mass,
when I'm not joining MC for breakfast at Perkins,
I sneak over to the bagel shop.
Dang it!
Those are really good!

"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10: 31 





  
--- 6 ---



Last week, I tried to make a banana look like a lemon.
I learned that really doesn't work.
A banana looks like a banana.
A lemon looks like a lemon.
It just doesn't work to try and change their natures.
 Click
to read the post on my
"other"
blog.






"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."
Hebrews 13: 8




 Next Thursday is Thanksgiving Day.
Hopefully, your day will be filled with family or friends, but always with 
Happiness and no drama.


Please remember to give thanks to God on this day.
He is the Giver of all.


"And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Colossians 3:17




 For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment