St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, November 6, 2014

7 Quick Takes:: The Holidays are upon us


Whether we are Ready for it or not, the holiday season has officially begun.  (It actually started in July when I saw the first Xmas items on display.)  As usual, our food banks will be needing your support.  In addition to food, there are other items that are not essential, but very much appreciated.  Here’s the link::

ARTICLE

“Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world;  for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,  I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’

 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink?  And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing?  And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’  And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’
Matthew 25: 34-30




The leaves are gone from the trees.  They are now sculptures nestled against the sky.  My neighbor raked my leaves this year and used them in her garden.  God bless her!  I looked at the rest of my untended garden.  A lot of the leaves blew in there, and I just thank God and leave them.  While all the other flowers are gone, the roses are still blooming.  It’s a unique miracle!  Only the roses, some of the most delicate flowers, are still blooming in my garden! 







November is the month when we remember our dead.  At church, we have a Book of Remembrance where we remember the dead in our parish.  Names are written in the book, and everyone is encouraged to pray for the dead. 

Sadly, I will be writing a new name in our Book of Remembrance  tomorrow.  My cousin, who was 8 years younger than me, died in her sleep last night.  She was healthy when she went to sleep.  She never woke up.  Please pray for the dead.

This prayer, The St. Gertrude Prayer, releases 1,000 souls from Purgatory each time that it is prayed.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Most Precious Blood of your Divine Son, Jesus, in union with all of the Masses said through out the world, In reparation for sin, for the Holy Souls in Purgatory , for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those within my own home and within my family.  Amen.

Pray for the souls each and everyday.  Offer sacrifices for them, for they can do nothing for themselves any more.  Pray.


 Mother Theresa had an unwavering devotion to the Mother of God.  She believed that Our Mother would intercede before the Throne of Jesus to provide her with all her needs.  When she needed something, she would pray her 911 novena.  She would say, the Memorare 9 times in a row.  This is a very effective novena.  You don’t forget days, either, because you pray the novena all at once.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.



--- 5 ---



Just found out about a Xmas show in two weeks.  I think I’m about ready to go, or not.  Luckily, it’s in my hometown, so the driving won’t be far.  I have with me some  Christmas Pickle ornaments. 

The story of the Christmas Pickle, which originated in Germany, is that the first child to find the pickle hidden in the tree on Christmas morning, receives and extra present from Santa that day or good fortune in the coming year.  Not sure which I would want!
 





Speaking of pickles, I found a recipe I need to try.  It’s called, “Dill Pickle Soup.”  The recipe is on the blog, The Noble Pig.  Here’s the link.

Dill Pickle Soup

I’ll bet this would cook well in a crockpot, and it could be ready after a long, snowy commute home.  Crusty bread would be a good side.  I think I’m drooling!  I love Dill Pickles!




---7---


Weekend plans include the Sacrament of Reconciliation,  a mini retreat at church for all ministers who participate in Mass  including cantors,  choir, lectors, greeters, and ushers.  Then it’s home to rip up carpet.  I’m hosting Thanksgiving this year, so I ordered new carpet!  It will be installed next Thursday.  I can’t believe that Thanksgiving will be here so quickly!

“O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
    his steadfast love endures forever!
Let Israel say,
    “His steadfast love endures forever.”
Let the house of Aaron say,
    “His steadfast love endures forever.”
Let those who fear the Lord say,
    “His steadfast love endures forever.” 
Psalm 118: 1-4

 




 For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment