St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Returning the Tabernacle to the Center of the Sanctuary

I've seen it, and I've never liked it.

The Catholic Church I attend when I'm home is a beautiful church.  At the center of the church is the tabernacle where Jesus resides, body and blood, soul and divinity.  

I love this.

The Catholic Church I attend when I'm away from home has a brick wall in front of the tabernacle.  

Things I've noticed about this church.

1)  When people come in, I rarely see anyone genuflect or bow.

2)  It is very difficult to pray because people are talking out loud.

3)  The ushers insist on shaking your hand as you leave the pew to receive the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ.  I find this very distracting.

4) This church seems to be a very social church, which is good, but I see so little reverence for Jesus in the Eucharist.

I don't like this! 

I found this article today.  I hope you read it all and think about this.  I am hoping that the bishops here in Minnesota follow the lead of this Courageous Bishop!


Bishop Paprocki: Return the Tabernacle to the Center of the Sanctuary

Paprocki3
Bishop Thomas Paprocki of the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois has directed all the pastors in his diocese to move the tabernacles in their churches back to the center of the sanctuary.
In a beautifully written pastoral letter, Ars celebrandi at adorandi (The Art of Celebrating and Worshiping), Bishop Paprocki expounds on the rich tradition and teachings of the Church regarding the celebration and reverence for the Eucharist.

Read More::   Here







No comments:

Post a Comment