St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Monday, August 25, 2014

Conversion Story - Luke Westman

Luke Westman is a blogger and fellow parishioner at Saints Peter and Paul Catholic Church.  Luke is a recent covert to Catholicism. Luke writes a blog called:  "The Analytical  Conservative."  This blog is well written and interesting.  Luke examines many ideas in his blog.  I suggest you put aside some time to read it, because Luke's blog is very deep and analytical!  What has interested me most about Luke is his journey to Catholicism.  Unlike St. Paul, who was struck off his horse and surrounded by the love of God, Luke's journey to Catholicism was a deep, analytical journey.  You will find his story of conversion interesting because Luke uses the writings of contemporary thinkers to travel on his way the Catholic Church.   I will post part of his conversion story here, but I suggest that you go to Luke's blog to read the rest.  It's long and detailed, but it is so interesting how God worked in Luke's life to bring him home, to the Church.  Here's a sample::

I joined the Catholic Church a year ago. After confirmation, I wrote a 4 part series sharing the story of how I moved from Protestant Christianity to Catholic Christianity. The original series contained my story, but it did not contain a lot of arguments. To celebrate my 1 year anniversary, I wanted to update and elaborate on my original 4 part series.

I graduated from Gustavus Adolphus College in 2003. The environment at Gustavus is the typical university bias against any philosophical view of the world that differs from moral and cultural relativism, metaphysical anti-realism, progressive liberalism, and critical race and gender theory. At this point in my life I was completely lost. I did not have a consciously examined and accepted worldview. I was more or less a progressive liberal, but I had no idea what that meant or why I held the views associated with this philosophical perspective. I was a progressive liberal by collegiate circumstantial accident; I was by and large a practical atheist; and I was more or less a moral relativist. I lived my life based on emotional whim, self-indulgence, and a lack of conviction.

Read more HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment