St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Monday, August 4, 2014

Consolations from God

I've written before about consolations from God.  Life is not always easy, and when I am shaken, knowing that more disappointments and fears will attack on my journey, I often ask God to send me a consolation.  I never know IF He will send me a consolation.  Really, what more do I need than He who is I AM?  However, my faith waivers, so I ask for something solid and substantial to help me through the storm.

Monday was a day when I needed a consolation.  I needed to know that I was not on my journey alone.  I needed something that would show me that GOD LOVED ME!  I needed to know that He was walking with me on this journey.

I wrote down, what I know.

1) God is omnipotent.

2) God can do anything.

3) God has a plan for each of us.

4) God never promised us that our lives would be easy.  He only said it would be worth it.

5) When we entrust our lives, our children's lives, and all those we love to Him, we do all for His honor and glory.

6) God will be with us through everything.

7) When we fall, God will pick us up.

8) Life is only a dash, a comma in eternity.

9) God will be close to us through all the storms of life.

10) More importantly than anything else, 

                                                     God is Love.
                                                     God is madly in love with us.
                                                     God turns evil into good.
                                                     God uses all we experience to sanctify us.
                                                     God wants us to be with Him in Paradise.

So, on a day when my faith was weak and I could only feel pain, I asked God for a consolation.

When I took my dog out for a walk, I looked down, and saw the heart shaped rock.  God answered my prayer. 

Thank you, Lord!  Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment