St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Friday, August 29, 2014

7 Quick Takes:: My Day with Jesus








Lord, I know this day is going to be a difficult one.  Help?
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9

 








 

 ---2---

I’m already biting my lip.  I think I need to say something.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?















--- 3 ---

I’m worried about what’s going to happen tomorrow.

“But strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today’s trouble is enough for today.”
Matthew 6: 33-34










 Lord, well, I’m stumped on this one.

“Pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert and always persevere in supplication for all the saints.”
Ephesians 6:18














Lord, this world of ours.  Where is the peace?

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid. “
John 14: 27

 








Lord, how do you want me to pray?

“Pray then in this way:

Our Father in heaven,
    hallowed be your name.
     Your kingdom come.
    Your will be done,
        on earth as it is in heaven.
    Give us this day our daily bread.
     And forgive us our debts,
        as we also have forgiven our debtors.
     And do not bring us to the time of trial,[b]
        but rescue us from the evil one.[c]

 For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you;
Matthew 6: 9-14



Lord, It was a far from perfect day.  So many things happened.  I know, things could have been worse, but, still…

“For he will command his angels concerning you
    to guard you in all your ways.
 On their hands they will bear you up,
    so that you will not dash your foot against a stone.”

Psalm 91: 11-12
 









 
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment