St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Friday, August 8, 2014

7 QT's This Week:: Rejoice in the Lord!


This was a difficult week.
 
Even when times are tough, 
and
the last thing you want to do is
rejoice in the Lord.

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice."
 Phillipians 4:4 


 


 





When you look through the muck in your life, and we all have muck, remember to look for the light, too.  God will not be outdone in generosity.  He will show you His Love, even if you have to look to see it.  For reasons unknown to me, my credit card not only had a hold placed on it, but it was outright cancelled.  I was visiting my daughter and relying on my credit card.  I had no cash.  My only other credit card had expired a year ago.  This credit card was the first card my husband and I used when we got married.  That was almost 40 years ago.  I pay my bill each month in full.  Go figure!  It took a week and a half, working with the bank, trying to free up my card.  Good news,   I found out that the grocery store would not accept my credit card, but they would accept one of my two checks.  Working with the bank, I opened a new checking account with my other check.  I learned some financial lessons and a lot of patience.  I now have not one new credit card, but 3 new credit cards and a debit card.  I have another checking and savings account in the city where my daughter lives.  I also have cash again.  God will not be outdone in His generosity.  I don't know what I'm going to do with all the credit cards, but I do know, now, that I will not be put in the position of not having a credit card or cash on hand when I travel.  Yes, Rejoice in the Lord!

 

The tuxedo cat is named
Walter.
The ginger cat is named
Marvin.

These are my daughter's cats otherwise known to 
Pixie as
"Kitties."

They are brothers and best friends.
Put Pixie in the mix, and things begin to get complicated.

Rejoice in the Lord! 









This is Pixie.   She is an only dog.  She is a therapy dog.  She and I do hospice work together.  Pixie is not used to having to share.   She is very passive aggressive.  When kitties aren't looking, she will eat their food and drink their water, even if she has plenty of her own. 
Those eyes are amazing!  They seem to probe the depths of my soul.  She's a good dog, even if she is a bit passive aggressive.  We laugh a lot when she's around!

"Rejoice in the Lord!"











Pixie wanted to get on the love seat.
She did not have permission.
Walter lay there an entire afternoon,
even though this was not his habit.

There is a fragile truce.

If Pixie does not break the truce, she will,
eventually,
be allowed to lay on the couch when the kitties are on the bed, and only then, 
if
they 
don't 
see 
her.

"Rejoice in the Lord!"
We do smile at these antics.
 





Pixie was allowed on the couch.
Marvin is considering whether to allow her to stay.
This time,
Pixie was allowed to stay.
We smiled and chuckled.
She's so big,
and
kitties are so small.
Kitties are the
"top dogs"
here in this pack!

Yes,

Rejoice in the Lord! 





  


Delicious!
Jenny and I took a dozen cupcakes to the staff at the 
oncology infusion center
where she had an appointment
today.

You should have seen the smiles!

Like I said,
it was a rough week.

St. Peregrine,
pray for us!

God is good,
and
He will not be outdone in kindness 
 or 
generosity.


Rejoice,
Rejoice
In the Lord!
 
 

 For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment