St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Friday, July 18, 2014

7 Quick Takes This Week - Better late than never...

Summer has come into full maturity.  As I walk, I see mature gardens.  I see butterflies landing on the milkweeds that are maturing now into pods.
I love the milkweed.  It's really one of my favorite plants, but because they multiply so quickly farmers are getting rid of them.  What this means for our environment is that the butterflies who feed off the milkweed and lay their eggs on these plants are becoming endangered.  I plan to let these beautiful plants grow wildly in my yard.  My neighbor comes over and takes the eggs to her home and lets the butterflies mature and fly away. They are beautiful to watch as they spread their wings to dry.  Truly one of God's miracles!

I've been trying to save money and the environment at the same time by making my own household cleaners, weed eliminators, etc.  Here are some of my recipes::

Vinegar:: Good for almost any job alone or combined with any products.

Rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle = one great ant killer (I don't know if they get drunk and die or if the alcohol just kills them on the spot. However, they die.)

1 c blue dawn dish wasing liquid + 1c vinegar = best bathroom cleaner ever!

1 gal vinegar + 1 c Epsom salts + 1 T Dawn = an amazing weed killer.  I've tried vinegar alone.  I've tried this recipe with table salt.  These do not work.  Epsom salts seems to be the ingredient that makes this an effective weed killer. 

1c vinegar + 1 c rubbing alcohol + 1 c water + 2-3 drops Dawn = excellent kitchen cleaner




Reasons to pray this week::

Maylasian airliner that was bombed out of the sky with innocent people on board.  Our Lady of Sorrows, comfort those who have lost loved ones on this flight.  Our Lady Queen of Peace, pray for us. 

The on going conflict between Palestine an Israel.  
Our Lady, Queen of Peace, pray for us.  Bring peace to your homeland.

Human Trafficking:: Our Lady, Mother of all, place your protective mantle around all of those women and children who are enslaved by those who who do not know of God's love.  Pray that these men find salvation and seek forgiveness.



Fun day for lunch and shopping with my dear friend.  We meet in a small town that is smack dab in between us.  We have lunch, then we shop.  This town has some wonderful boutiques that we enjoy.  She is an enabler.  I did buy new clothes, but no new shoes.












 I've started Hoola Hooping!  I have arthritic knee caps.  If I had arthritic knees, I might get new knees, but when you have arthritic knee caps, there is nothing they can do.  Really, there isn't.  So, I have been trying to find an exercise that will allow me to walk the next day, without pain.  I think I've found it!!!!  I get good cardio using my home made hoop.   That's a story for another day. 



















I love Psalm 23!
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.      
He makes me lie down in green pastures; 
He leads me beside still waters; 
 He restores my soul. (Isn't that beautiful?  He Restores My Soul!)
He leads me in right paths
    for His name’s sake.
 Even though I walk through the darkest valley,
    I fear no evil;
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff—
    they comfort me.
 You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.  
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
    my whole life long.
My favorite 
POPE FRANCIS
quote this week.

"Although the life of a person is in a land full of thorns and weeds, there is always a space in which the good seed can grow. You have to trust God."
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment