St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Friday, May 2, 2014

Seven Quick Takes Friday - Thoughts and Happenings on Divine Mercy Sunday


--- 1 ---


Two magnificent men were declared saints by our most beloved Pope Francis on Divine Mercy Sunday - Saint John XXIII and Saint John Paul II are now officially saints in heaven, standing before the Throne of God! Praise God for these wonderful Popes now declared saints! Praise God for our Beloved Pope Francis!
Divine Mercy Sunday, decreed in 2004 as the Sunday after Easter by Pope John Paul II, is the day in which God pours out His Mercy into our sick and troubled world for all who seek Him and His Mercy. The simple catch is that we must open our hearts to God so that our hearts may be infused with His Mercy. We must also bring to God all of those souls for whom He seeks to infuse with His Mercy: all mankind, especially sinners; the souls of all priests and religious; all devout and faithful souls; all those who do not know Jesus or love Him; the souls of separated brethren; the meek and humble souls and souls of children; the souls who venerate and glorify Jesus' Mercy; the souls in Purgatory; souls who have become lukewarm. His Love is Unending!
Our priests were very busy hearing confessions before, during, and after our Divine Mercy celebration at church. I tried to get into line before the celebration began, but the line was long already. I wanted to stay, but I couldn’t because I had to be up in the choir loft ready to sing the Chaplet with our music director. I went back upstairs, reluctantly, but the prayer was AWESOME! After the celebration ended, I raced downstairs thinking our priests would be ready to leave, but I still had to wait in line for confession! God's mercy poured down on our souls! We are so blessed!
Our community was doubly blessed on Divine Mercy Sunday. It looks like we are no longer in drought conditions here. Today, along with a multitude of blessings, God poured down His rain, not snow, in many precious drops today. It's still cool here. I wish it were warmer, but it does please God to hear us say, "Jesus, I trust in You."
Waiting in line for confession was interesting. As I waited, I prayed for the Holy Spirit to enlighten me so that I would make a good confession. In order to remember my sins, I write then down in small notebook I carry in my purse. (I can never remember them all!) My daughter has offered to write the list for me, but that’s another issue! One person, next to me in line, noticed that I was writing in my notebook. (It's hard to keep things private if you want to remember what to confess.). He thought that this was a lot to write for anyone. The truth is that when you ask the Holy Spirit to help you remember your sins, the list gets terribly long, even after one week. Reconciliation is such a gift! I felt God's Mercy in my soul today!
Once in the confessional, my confessor noted that my notebook seemed to be getting full. He suggested that I should get a new one, and, perhaps, a thicker one? He, like God, has a keen sense of humor. :0)
Jesus, I trust in You. It’s been a rough journey, but you have brought me this far. Mother Theresa used to pray, even in her dark night of the soul, "Jesus, I trust in Your tender love for me." Jesus, increase my faith and trust in You. Jesus, infuse my heart with Your Love and Mercy. Jesus, I am yours. I, finally, trust in You!!! Thank You! (Another gift of God’s Divine Mercy!)


For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment