St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Friday, April 18, 2014

Walking the Camino - The Seven Last Words of Jesus

The First Word:
Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing.” And they cast lots to divide his clothing.”
(Luke 23:34)


The Second Word:

He replied, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise.”
(Luke 23:43)

 

The Third Word:
When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing beside her, he said to his mother, “Woman, here is your son.”
(John 19:26)

 
The Fourth Word:
 At three o’clock Jesus cried out with a loud voice, “Eloi, Eloi, lema sabachthani?” which means, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”[a]
(Mark 15:34)


The Fifth Word:
After this, when Jesus knew that all was now finished, he said (in order to fulfill the scripture), “I am thirsty.”
(John 19:28)

 

The Sixth Word:
When Jesus had received the wine, he said, “It is finished.” Then he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
(John 19:30)


The Seventh Word:

Then Jesus, crying with a loud voice, said, “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.” Having said this, he breathed his last.
(Luke 23:46)

No comments:

Post a Comment