St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Friday, April 25, 2014

7 Quick Takes Friday:: The Triduum - Thoughts

1) Good Friday started out cold.  We met for morning prayer at church, then proceeded to walk through town praying the Stations of the Cross.  The temperatures did not warm up much as we walked, but the sun was shining.  We stopped and prayed.  We prayed and walked.  The walk is about 5 miles.  We were able to meditate on the Passion of Christ and a His journey to Golgotha.  We were all tired when we returned to our cars that we had parked at the final stop.  The journey was personal, and we each experienced our Camino in a different way.  No two walks are the same.

2) Holy Saturday was the last day of lent.  For me, that  meant 2 things.  1) I bought candy  so that I could  enjoy a few delicious morsels after the Vigil Mass celebration, and 2) Easter Monday, I returned  to my place in the back of the church to celebrate daily Mass.  Until next year, I will only sit in the front when a lector is needed, or when I need to practice more penance.    Now, I ask, am I a better person because I practiced these penances?  Did I grow closer to God because of these acts of penance?  I don't know.  I hope so, but I don't know.

3) Amber and I shared the readings for the Easter Vigil Mass.. She read passages 1, 3, and 5.  I read passages 2, 4, and 6.  She read the introduction.  I read the petitions.  As women, we will have  significant roles in this liturgy.  Since we have read together for the last 3 years, our readings and transitions are very smooth.  Now, I pray that we helped  to make this liturgical celebration more meaningful to all who attended the celebration.  Hallelujah!  The Lord is truly risen!

 4) During Holy Week, I spent a lot of time at church stapling.  Yes, it was grunt work in the workroom.  I stapled all the programs for The Triduum celebrations, and the programs for Easter Sunday worship.  Everything comes with a price.  The staff, in their offices, and that did include our pastor,  was forced to listen to me sing as I worked.  I turned on I Tunes on my phone,  and  I sang along with Fernando Ortega.  I guess that no one else sings as they work.  I was the only one singing.  I was most disappointed that no one wanted to join me as I sang.  Time did go by faster for me as I stapled.  I hope they enjoyed the concert.
5) On Holy Saturday, as I was paying for my candy at Walgreens, I heard a woman behind me say, "Looks like we gave up candy for Lent."  I could hear the laughter in her voice. I smiled and said that she was right.  She turned to the man next to her and said, "Honey, what did you give up for Lent?"  He replied, "Carbonated beverages."  His wife then told us he works for a company that makes these carbonated beverages.  We were all impressed.  She then said, "Beer is a carbonated beverage, dear."  "No," replied her husband, "Beer is fermented barley."  He was not going to indulge in a carbonated beverage until tomorrow, but I think he had a beer that night.  Don't you just love people with a sense of humor?  Made my day!

 6) Three women and I decorated the church for the vigil.  We started working at 9:30 AM, and I finally left the church at 1:45 PM.  Our leader, JoAnn, was a whirlwind of energy.  She’d assign a task and be gone.  You’d see a blur of energy as she moved around the church instructing us on our tasks and recruiting the members of the “Wrecking Crew” to help with the tasks that were too high for us to reach or too heavy for us to lift.  (When JoAnn tells you what to do, you do it.  No questions asked!)  We were still tired from the Amazing Walk, but we got so much done.  The church looked beautiful!  And, I still had time for a nap before the Vigil Mass.  (I'm the one with pink hair!)
7) Sunday, I drove 2 hours to visit my daughter.  We spent a nice afternoon together.  The weather was beautiful!  Our time together was great!  Pixie and I came home, tired, but happy.  Pixie headed for her couch and a nap.  I headed for my bed and nap.  Hallelujah!

For more wonderful stories, Click on this LINK.  It will take you to
It's a great blog!




No comments:

Post a Comment