St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I Will Send An Angel Before You... (Exodus 33:2)


I saw him, and I immediately fell in love.  I knew I wanted him, however, so did someone else.

This all began at the "Mum Festival" celebration at church this past weekend.  He caught my eye as soon as I walked into the room.  He was beautiful.  He was tall, and, it turns out, he was much heavier than I ever anticipated. 

However, I was in love. 

Then the bidding began for this silent auction.

At first, my goal was to simply bid the price up so that my, ahem, "competition" would quit bidding, but she was in love, too.  The bidding was fierce, then, she had to leave.   However, I thought she had asked someone else to bid for her.  Drat!  So, I raised her last bid!  I assumed that someone would outbid me at the last moment.  (I knew I would be spending way too much money if I won, but I also had great faith that I would be outbid.)

God's sense of humor shone down on me.  

I won, and I made a sizable donation to the church for Micha-el.  Ouch!
However, I was and am still in love!

I will send an Angel Before you...

Getting Micha-el home was much less of a challenge than I anticipated.
Getting him in the house was easier than I expected.


 Micha-el now stands in the living room guarding Our Lady,
and, our family.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. 
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do, Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
by the power of God,
cast into hell,
satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment