St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Forms of Prayer

My God, My God, You alone are the Holy One, the Lord God of Hosts!  I praise You and I adore You!  I thank You for all that You have done for me and given me.  I ask You now to bring me closer to You through the gift of Prayer.  I ask You also to bring my sisters and brothers on earth closer to You through this gift of prayer.  Thank You, My dearest Lord,  for hearing me.

The Catechism of the Catholic Church talks about the different forms of prayer in Section One, Chapter One,  Article Three, subsections 2623 - 2643.  The forms of prayer  listed are:

1) Adoration and Blessing
2) Petition
3) Intercession
4) Thanksgiving
5) Praise.

1) When we adore our God, we acknowledge that He is above all.  There is nothing or no one greater than He.    Blessing comes through the encounter we have with God when we pray. 

2) When we petition God, we are asking for His blessings and gifts for us.

3) When we intercede with God, we are asking for blessings for our fellow man. This is the way that Jesus prayed.

4) When we thank God, we again acknowledge His Greatness and His gifts to us. 

5) When we praise God, we give glory to God because He is God.

If you read/prayed the introductory prayer, you prayed each form of prayer in just a few sentences.  This took you less than one minute.  Can you give God this minute or more in prayer each day?  Think about it.  God is calling you to pray so that you may grow closer to Him each day and grow in the wonder of His Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment