St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A Simple Exercise of Praise

Not everyone is able to find their "prayer voice" in writing, but I was blessed to be able to do so.

Praise You, Jesus, and thank You for this gift!

This exercise in praise is simple and effective.  You will need a piece of paper and pen or pencil.

1) Make a list of ten words that remind you of God.  Here's my list.

King of Kings
Blessed of the Father
Light of Heaven
King of angels
Lord of Lords
God above all else
My Shield and Protection
Giver of all gifts
The Great I AM
Our Salvation

2) When you have finished your list, and you can make it longer, if you choose, add the words, "I praise You,"

3) Read Your list using the words "I praise You," and Your words for God.  It doesn't matter if you begin with "I Praise You," or end with those words.

Here's my list:

King of Kings, I praise You!
Blessed of the Father, I praise You!
Light of Heaven, I praise You!
King of angels, I praise You!
Lord of Lords, I praise You!
God above all else, I praise You!
My Shield and Protection, I praise You!
Giver of all gifts, I praise You!
The Great I AM, I praise You!
Our Salvation I praise You!

To praise God and acknowledge Him as above all else is the virtue of humility which brings us closer to God.  Spend a time in prayer each day adoring God!  He is the King of Kings!

Praise You, Heavenly Father!  Praise You, Jesus, my Brother!  Praise You, Holy Spirit, my guide and comforter!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment